Sterndrive Replacement has a selection of Bravo 1 Lower SEI-121 LOWER SINGLE WATER PICKUP
(Mercruiser’s Bravo I Lower Unit) that is undoubtedly at the lowest price you can find. Therefore, we are the Number One reference in marine products, since we have the expertise to find you the best quality products at the best prices.
Replaces Mercruiser’s Bravo I I/O TM121 Lower Unit.
- Replacement Mercruiser’s Bravo 1 lower unit replaces 1992 and up with the oil passage. LOWER SINGLE WATER PICKUP
- Can be modified to backfit 1988-1991.
- Has side water intakes only.
- Will not replace XR or XZ Performance Drives.
- Will replace a Bravo Three drive; however, the performance and handling of the boat will be diminished.
If replacing a Bravo I serial number OF 729999 and below, it will be necessary to plug the oil hole on the new lower unit. The best way is to tap the hole using a 1/4-20 tap, and install a set screw in sealant. The set screw must be flush or slightly recessed in the hole. It is best to tap the oil passage while the drive is turned upside down to prevent any metal chips from settling inside. If you are not comfortable with tapping the hole, you can use a RTV or silicone product to fill in the hole. Be sure to pressure test the drive after the sealant is cured. If the upper unit does not have a matching hole, then it will need to be plugged.